Dining at Ashwood House
The home has excellent catering facilities, overseen by our head cook Julie, who has been employed in Ashwood House for the past twenty years. Our assistant cooks and kitchen assistants work closely with Julie to provide a wide range of menu choices. We cater for residents who have special dietary needs such as diabetes. A strong emphasis is placed on residents’ choices as well as traditional home cooking and baking.
Our kitchen is regularly inspected by the Newtownabbey Environmental Health Department and has been awarded a continuous ‘Five Stars’ (The highest possible) for our kitchen and food preparation facilities. Click here to download a sample menu.
Some Feedback Results
Do you feel your relative can call Ashwood House their own home?
Do you feel your relative has the opportunity to become involved in activities?
Sample Menu – Monday (Week 4)
- Selection of fresh fruit
- Choice of cereals
- Tea + toast with butter (choice of marmalade or jam)
- Choice of cooked egg
- Tea, Coffee and Fruit Juice
- Milky drink
- Pan Fried pork steak Lyonnais or
- Steak sausage in onion gravy
- Creamed potatoes and diced swede
- Glass of sherry or fruit juice
- Homemade creamed rice with fruit salad or
- Ice cream and jelly
- Tea / coffee / milky drink
- Selection of biscuits
- Choice of white or wholemeal
- Sausage rolls, chips and peas or
- Wheaten, cheese and Tomato
- Choice of bread
- Selection of pastries or biscuits
- Tea, coffee, Horlicks or Hot chocolate